Job Wanted: Bilingual Nutritionist/ESOL Teacher
Name: Amarilis Rodriguez
Cel Phone (USA): 404-372-0051
Current Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia
Description: As a bilingual ESOL teacher I have been involved with many students and their parents. Conducting parent outreach activities through bilingual presentation (Spanish& English) and explanation of school regulations, requirements, interpreter and translation of documents, communication between parents, teachers and community leaders to prevent drop out, use of drugs and violence in schools.
My experience working with the Hispanic and minority student population in an Anglo environment provides me with great understanding of their culture, special, physical, educational and socioeconomic needs. I have used my bilingual skills and Nutritionist / BS throughout my career with government agencies, as Nutritional Counsellor with the W.I.C. Health State Program, Family Advocate with Partnership for Community Action, Family Support Coordinator at the Sheltering Arms Center and as ESOL/Teacher with Hall County Public Schools.
My language skills and unique experience in the educational system, health programs working with involving parents in their education and health, help to achieve the children’s academic goals, and improve students’ safety, health and quality of life.
At the moment, I am working as a Family Advocate for Pre-K/Head Start and pre-school education for children of 3-4 years old. I am completly bilingual. My husband and I are plannig to move to Merida in the near future.
A staff /customer service position in which, I could use my languages skills in Spanish and English. Apply my knowledge and experience in nutrition, teaching (English/Spanish), business administration, and customer services.
Partnership for Community Action Inc. 9/2010- Present
Family Program Advocate
Head Start Program, Decatur Ga.
- Provides and arranges case management services to the Head Start families
- Implement Head Start Standard and regulations.
- Provide supportive services to families.
- Acts as an advocate for children and their families.
Interactive Learning System, Gainesville Ga. 3/2008-6/2008
ESOL Teacher, Adult Education
- Teach ESOL/English Program as a second language to a group of adults from different countries.
- Language Acquisition Assessment to different language levels, testing, accommodations and recommendations.
- Motivated and encourage students to learn English as a second language and continue farther education for better opportunities.
South Hall Middle School -Hall County Gainesville, Ga. 9/2004-5/2006
(School of Excellence 1999, Model School for ELDA Test 2005)
ESOL Teacher, Middle School Education
- State of Georgia Permit for Spanish & ESOL
- Teach shelter groups of grades 6-8 (Language Art, Science, Reading, and S.Studies).
- Language Acquisition Levels( beginners, intermediate and advance)
- Co-teaching ESOL Curriculum in Mainstream Curriculum
- Administrate ESOL Tests ( State & Federal)
- Coordinated and assisted families in social, educational, nutritional and family support programs.
- Coordinated Pre-K program and transition to Kindergarten.
- Maintain all enrollment and child records to included immunization, CACFP forms Pre-K Program documents and OSR reports.
- Supervised lead teachers and staff personnel.
Sheltering Arms, Norcross, Georgia 8/2001- 9/2002
Family Support Coordinator
- Coordinated and assisted families in nutritional, social, and family support programs.
- Maintain all enrolment and child records to included immunization, CACFP forms Pre-K Program coordinator and maintain OSR reports.
- Supervised lead teachers and staff personnel.
Atlanta Industrial Equipment, Inc., Atlanta, Georgia USA 8/1992 -9/2001
- Developed client relations/customer service with major corporations in many countries (Latino America ,Spain, USA)
- Supervised administrative personnel.
- Company bookkeeper and reviewed reports.
- Established the company policy and credit procedures for new clients.
Food Service, Five Forks Middle School, Lilburn, Georgia USA 8/1989-5/1992
Food Service Manager, Gwinnett County Public School
- Established and executed all projects directed by school principal or food service department director.
- Supervised food service employees and assigned daily work schedules.
- Controlled lunchroom budget, inventory and purchasing of inventory.
W. I. C. (Women, Infant and Child) 1984-1987
Puerto Rico and Norcross Georgia USA, Program Manager
- Qualified patients for W.I.C. benefits and issued documents.
- Referred cases to other departments based on patient needs.
- Nutrition counselling and classes on specific topics to mothers and children.
EDUCATION AND COURSES
B. S. Nutrition & Dietetics, University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico 1982
ESOL Endorsement, Georgia Professional Standard Commission, 2002
Spanish Permit Certification (Praxis I and II), GPSC, 2002
Visual Screening in the School Setting, Georgia Emergency Management Agency 2002
Nature and Needs of Middle School Learner, Hall County Schools, 2003
Framework for working with students of Poverty, Hall County Schools, 2003
Raising Academic Achievement, Hall County Schools, 2004
Georgia Framework for Integrating Technology (In-Tech), Hall County Schools, 2005
Empowerment Skills for Family Workers/FDC
Facilitator/Darkness to Light/Sexual Abuse
Hearing and Vision /Certificate
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Language-Bilingual-fluent in English and Spanish both written and verbal
Proficient Computer Skills – Experience with Microsoft Office applications
Traveled throughout Latin America, Mexico
References upon your request