Name: Mike Warren
Contact through email: mswarren [at] hotmail [dot] co [dot] uk
I currently live near London, UK, but am planning to move out to Merida in September/October of this year. I have Mexican nationality owing to my Mum being born in Mexico, and have always wanted to experience living over there as the culture appeals to me greatly.
I am currently working hard to accumulate some savings so that when I move in a few months time I will be able to survive over there comfortably for at least a few months. Obviously though, it would be ideal if I could have some employment lined up by the time I get there (or at least a bunch of useful contacts to help me get set up).
I am presently working as a Business Analyst in the Finance department of Gatwick Airport, and I would be looking primarily for an analytical role in Merida. I have a degree in Mathematics from Sussex University in England, and my role is mostly based around statistical analysis and using this to improve processes and reduce costs. In addition, I am also a photographer, currently studying graphic design, have experience working in recruitment (interviewing, candidate screening etc), and would also be happy to teach (my Spanish is at a fair level, with a couple of months of living over there I’m sure it would improve greatly).
England, United Kingdom.
mswarren [at] hotmail [dot] co [dot] uk
• A self-motivated, thorough and hardworking individual.
• Prides himself on meticulous attention to detail.
• Ability to react and adapt rapidly to new and demanding situations.
• High capacity for analysing problems, finding solutions and implementing them.
• Aptitude in planning workload to meet demanding or shifting deadlines.
• Proven ability to use own initiative as well as work effectively as part of a team.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in statistical analysis.
• Practised in providing business insight to senior management.
• Honours degree in Mathematics from a leading British University.
• Heavily involved in Gatwick’s migration to SAP system, playing role of super-user in SAP Business Warehouse solution – responsible for developing, implementing and reviewing tests.
• Undertaken a computer programming course in college, and Visual Basic on a vocational course; daily interaction with VB code.
• Varied experience of Oracle reporting systems.
• Lean and Six Sigma green belt trained, with diverse experience in improvement projects, ranging from project lead to analytical roles.
• Internal assessor for Investors in People accreditation.
• Able to communicate effectively and tactfully, with the ability to speak conversational Spanish and French, and basic German.
• Mexican passport owing to dual nationality.
• Current ESTA.
Gatwick Airport Ltd Aug 2007 – Present
A vast and wide-ranging role that has afforded me countless development opportunities and the exposure to a range of varying responsibilities and projects. Throughout the role I have consistently demonstrated my keen eye for detail, pro-active attitude and aptitude to adapt myself to a range of varied circumstances and projects. Owing to an intrinsic ability with numbers and building on exposure within my degree course, during the role I have provided invaluable statistical analysis; liaising with business partners as well as providing insight for senior management. Primary role duties include development of performance reporting, involvement in improvement projects and control of management information, particularly from a systems perspective. Within the role I am responsible for regular monthly reports with demanding deadlines, but also respond to a vast amount of ad-hoc analysis requests. As Gatwick is a regulated environment, I have had extensive interaction with auditors, requiring a level of tact and diplomacy, whilst also being responsible for the integrity of performance data and processes. Following Lean and Six Sigma training I took a lead role in an analytics based project which delivered significant cost savings (reduction of staff overtime required, saving circa $40k per year).
Within the role I have had exposure to Oracle reporting systems and am currently involved in the company wide rollout of Sharepoint. I played a key role in the implementation of SAP Business Warehouse, heavily involved in all testing phases from design to review, in order to raise defects and ensure the solution (and data held within it) performed as required. As a super user for the system I remain a main point of contact within the business. Developing on previous exposure to programming during an academic course, I have acquired further programming experience with a daily utilisation of Visual Basic. Aside from the varied responsibilities that my present role entails at Gatwick, I have also volunteered to become an Internal Assessor for Investors in People accreditation, demonstrating the excellent communication skills required during interviews and in progress reviews.
Barclaycard April 2007 – May 2007
Post Room Clerk
My daily responsibility was to process incoming and outgoing post, whilst also developing a guide to post room procedures using Microsoft Visio, Word and Excel for future training and reference. I also performed general administration tasks with respect to incoming applications for credit cards; these tasks included logging applications onto a computer system, creating, updating and filing documentation, and distribution of documentation to relevant parties.
Nottinghamshire County Council Feb 2007 – Mar 2007
This position required excellent communicational skills as I was required interact with solicitors and the public concerning important issues, sometimes of a sensitive nature. I was also required to prepare and collate legal correspondence and court documentation, and assist with audio and copy-typing of letters. As part of my duties I reorganised and archived a backlog of many years of closed case files.
2003 – 2006 University of Sussex:
BSc. (Hons) Second class degree in Mathematics
2001 – 2003 Reigate College:
Further Mathematics [B],
1996 – 2001 Oakwood School:
Keen amateur photographer with particular interest in street and travel photography
Football player – captaining an amateur side (soccer)
Long distance running – completing half and full marathons, raising money for charity
References available on request