Casa de La Luz
Casa de la Luz is a vacation rental in a great downtown location, perfect for one or two couples or a small family of four or five.
The two bedroom suites are separated, one upstairs and one downstairs, and each has its own attached bathroom.
Downstairs, there is a cozy living room, with antique mosaico tile floors and modern furnishings. The sala doubles as a TV room, with a large flat-screen TV, a CD and radio music setup and Cable TV… a perfect place to relax, watch the news, listen to music or read a book.
The kitchen is also downstairs, providing a center of conversation and activity. It opens up to the back terrace and pool area, which includes a gas barbecue grill for outdoor cooking.
The kitchen includes the usual modern appliances, including a coffee machine and microwave, a granite-topped bar, a double sink and a granite-topped conversation bar so visitors can chat with the cook while meals or snacks are prepared.
If you aren’t eating there, you might enjoy lounging in the hammock chair, enjoying the sun or the stars while listening to that fountain.
The downstairs bedroom has a queen bed with generous closet space. Of course, the room is air-conditioned… and it opens up to the back garden and patio for some fresh air as well. The attached bathroom features glass tiles as accents, stone tile floors and a roomy shower.
Upstairs, the house opens up to the sky to catch the breezes from both the front balcony that overlooks the street and the back balcony that overlooks the pool.
The upstairs bedroom is a master bedroom, with two queen beds in a large room, accompanied by a flat-screen TV and a generous closet and dresser.
The attached bathroom is the most luxurious spot in the house, with a raised Jacuzzi tub next to the window looking out over the pool… a place you can easily wile away an hour soaking, reading, sipping a glass of wine, dreaming. Ahhh….
The rest of the master bath includes a tiled sink, toilet area and a shower big enough for a party.
On the front balcony outside, there are sun lounges for resting and reading. (The washer & dryer are tucked away there, too, with easy access to the upstairs bedroom and bathroom.) Guests in the upstairs master bedroom can enjoy their bedroom, bathroom and this lovely terrace in complete privacy.
All of this luxury, privacy and convenience… just steps away from the Plaza Grande, dancing in the streets, restaurants and shopping galore!
- Downstairs bedroom with queen bed
- Upstairs bedroom with two queen beds
- Ensuite bathrooms, one with shower and one with shower and Jacuzzi tub
- Living room with plenty of room for entertaining
- Outdoor dining terrace with seating for 6
- Fully equipped modern kitchen
- Whirlpool 6-burner and gas oven
- LG Refrigerator
- Central island bar and bar stools
- Whirlpool washer & dryer
- Backyard with tropical plunge pool with waterfall
- Upstairs terrace with sun loungers and hammock
- Ceiling fans and remote-controlled air conditioners in both bedrooms and living room
- Cable TV with HBO, Cinemax and CNN in English
- DVD Player and a selection of DVDs
- Wireless internet throughout the house
- Radio and CD Music System with USB and jack for iPod
- Speakers in the Kitchen and pool area
- Bottled water, milk, coffee, beer and soft drinks upon your arrival
- Use of local cell phone with $50 peso Telcel credit to get you started
Low Season – April 1 to October 31
Weekly rate $900 or $150/night
High Season – November 1 to March 31
Weekly rate $1,200 or $200/night
Casa de La Luz is owned and run by the owners of hotel Luz En Yucatan. To rent Casa de La Luz, please contact Tom or Donnard at the phone or email below:
Mexico Telephone: +52 (999) 924-0035
info [at] luzenyucatan [dot] com