A Colonial Dreamhome in a Perfect Centro Location
Just a few city blocks from the center of town in one direction, and from the Remate of Paseo de Montejo in the other diretion, Casa del Panadero stands proud and tall, one of a group of four special row houses in the exclusive Santa Ana district. Just blocks from a myriad of events and attractions, Casa del Panadero envelops its guests in the history and culture of Merida and the Yucatan in a way that few homes can claim.
Come stay at Casa del Panadero for a memorable vacation in a tropical colonial home. Wake up every morning knowing that there are a hundred things to do… or you can spend the day gloriously doing nothing in the comfort and beauty of your own home away from home.
Casa del Panadero is located in the center of the picturesque and historic district of Santa Ana, just two blocks from Parque Santa Ana and only five blocks from the Plaza Grande (the center of town).
This vacation rental home is a centuries-old house and a former bakery whose name means “House of a Baker.” The structural walls consist of stone and concrete typical of the colonial building era known as “mamposteria.” The 18-inch walls provide natural insulation and coolness, as do the 18-foot ceilings, the interior patio and the north to south facing. The floors all have some of the original “pasta tiles” unique to the colonials of Centro. The house was originally renovated from its state of abandonment by the famous architect, Salvador Reyes Rios, the same architect responsible for many hacienda restorations in the Yucatan.
At Casa del Panadero, you will enjoy…
- Two spacious bedrooms with King beds and 400-count 100% cotton linens
- Each bedroom has an armoire and a vanity desk with mirror
- Two separate bathrooms with showers
- Dining room and two seating areas
- A central, Mexican-style kitchen with refrigerator/freezer, microwave oven, toaster, four-burner Bosch stove, bottled water dispenser, coffeemaker and utensils
- Furnished interior courtyard with tiled fountain that is visible from nearly every room in the house
- Lush tropical garden with new filtered swimming pool with fountain, and outdoor shower
- Local, bilingual property manager to meet guests and be available for emergencies
- On your arrival, a bottle of wine will greet you, along with milk, juice, coffee and pastries
- 32-Inch LCD TV, DVD player, and a selection of DVDs
- Stereo/CD player with iPod hookup
- Wireless internet (bring your computer for Skype-calling)
- Printer, copier and scanner available to use with your computer
- Two bicycles for your use
- “Amigo” local cell phone for local calls
- Remote-controlled air conditioners in each bedroom and ceiling fans throughout the house
- Washer/dryer, iron and ironing board
- All new furniture, ironwork and artwork
- Parking available in the front of the house
on a non-bus, quiet street
- Maid service, cooking service, and in-house massage
service available by request and for an additional charge
- A directory explaining the operations of Casa del Panadero and listings of some of our favorite restaurants, day trips, taxi drivers, and much of the local flavor of Merida and the Yucatan.
Rates for 2013
Low Season - May 1 to September 30
$150 USD per night, 4 night minimum; $900 USD per week (Every 7th night is free, making nightly rate $128.57)
High Season - October 1 to April 30
$200 USD per night, 4 night minimum; $1200 USD per week (Every 7th night is free, making nightly rate $171.85)
Holiday Season – December 15, 2013 to January 11, 2014
$225 USD per night, 4 night minimum; $1350 USD per week (Every 7th night is free, making nightly rate $192.85)
We can negotiate discounts with additional terms for stays longer than two weeks.
Daily maid service is not included, but may be available at an extra cost and should be arranged before arrival.
Maximum occupancy 4 adults. Children under 12 not allowed. Smoking allowed in interior courtyard or garden area only. Casa del Panadero cannot accommodate pets.
Contact Us Now!
Come explore Casa del Panadero!
We just know you are going to love it…