Casa Iguana is a two-bedroom vacation rental located in the old pre-Hispanic colonia of Itzimná. Itzimná was founded in 1542 as a small town dedicated to the Maya god Itzamna, the god who dwelt in heaven and sent the rain to the earth. The animal symbol of Itzamna was the iguana. The human representation of this god was that of an old person with long, forked nose, and the Maya codices and stellae show him as a toothless old man with a prominent chin, often painted yellow, the color that represented the sun.
In the latter part of the colonial period, Itzimná was its own city outside of the city of Merida, and was known as a district of country houses for the wealthy and important merchants from Merida. Today, Itzimna is just north of the Monumento de la Bandera at the north end of Paseo de Montejo, and is regarded as a quiet and lovely place to live, while still being close to all the amenities of downtown Merida.
- Living room with sofa, rocking chairs, coffee table and side table with flat screen TV with DISH network cable service
- Dining room with 6 chairs
- Kitchen: gas stove with 4 burners and oven, refrigerator, microwave, dispenser for 2 jugs of bottled water, coffeemaker, blender, dishes, glassware and utensils for 4 people
- Two bedrooms: one with double bed, air conditioning and a closet and one with 2 single beds and closet
- 100% cotton sheets
- Two bathrooms
- A study with desk, filing cabinet and complimentary wireless Internet access.
- Cell phone for local calls, available during your visit (Pay as you go)
- Ceiling fans and phones throughout the house
- Garage parking for 2 cars
- Manual laundry outside the house
- Ironing board and iron
- Private garden and porch next to the garage
- Brochures for tours, restaurants, Yellow Pages and maps of the City and all attractions.
Peak: (November 1 to March 31)
$120 US per night (three night minimum)
Christmas and New Year: (December 16 to January 08)
$170 US per night (one week minimum)
Off Peak: (April 1 to October 31)
$80 US per night (five night minimum)
The cost of electricity is charged separately depending on consumption.
We offer special discounts for stays longer than one week. Please inquire.
Reservations should be requested via email and will be confirmed the same way. 50% of the amount of the reserved stay must be sent within 5 days following the date of confirmation plus the security deposit to complete the reservation. The other 50% will be paid upon arrival.
If a reservation is cancelled within 30 days of the date of entry, the tenant will pay 40% of total rental cost. If cancellation is within 30 days of the arrival date, the tenant must pay the full cost of the reservation.
A security deposit of $400 USD will cover the replacement of lost or damaged items in the apartment. The amount of money reimbursed depends on any cancellations and costs of electronic transfer of funds and will be returned after 5 days of the departure date. The security deposit must be submitted with the reservation deposit.
Payments must be made by Bank Transfer.
- Daily cleaning of the house is not included, only upon receipt will be clean.
- Maximum occupancy is 4 people.
- No pets allowed.
- No smoking inside the house.
Olimpia M. Menéndez P
Phone: + 52 (999) 926-2510
Cell phone in Mexico: (999) 995-5407