Vacation Rental Home
Full of Light, Color and Space!
A delightful artist’s retreat and vaction rental in the heart of colonial Merida, Yucatan, a city where the arts are celebrated…
Casa Claire is a restored 250 year old residence with two air-conditioned bedrooms with attached private baths. One bedroom has a double bed, the other has two twin beds. There is additional comfortable sleeping for two in the spacious loft which overlooks the open courtyard at the center of the house.
The courtyard with lovely fountain is surrounded by open sitting and dining areas, and a well-equipped kitchen (stove and refrigerator, of course, but also microwave, mixer and coffee maker).
Above it all is a roof terrace, perfect for star gazing or catching a refreshing evening breeze.
Enjoy the Indoor/Outdoor Life
By day, swing in the courtyard hammock or sit in a colorful hammock chair, and watch the clouds go by. Most ceilings in the house are 20 feet or more, with ceiling fans throughout, making Casa Claire open, airy and bright.
Excellent Central Location
If you can pull yourself away from the easy comfort inside the house, go outside and find the city of Merida practically at your doorstep. Turning left after stepping out the front door, it’s an easy five minute walk to the main square with its splended cathedral, museums, shops and people-watching, not to mention the adjacent Jose Peon Contreras Opera House and the State University.
Turn right, and it’s only a few minutes to Parque Santiago with its open fresh food and flower market, great local cuisine and beautifully restored cathedral. Go there on Tuesday nights and get a special treat! Live Big Band music under the stars and open-air public dancing!
Internet cafes, bookstores, laundry services, all-nite convenience stores, restaurants, bars, movie theatres, playhouses and much more are only blocks away.
- 2 bedrooms with attached private baths and air conditioning (for no more than four people)
- Upstairs sleeping loft with sitting area that sleeps two, ceiling fan and skylights
- Ceiling fans and 20-foot ceilings throughout
- Original tiled floors
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Dining and living room open onto central open-air courtyard with gentle fountain
- Upstairs roof terrace
- No children under 10 years old. Please enquire about the pets.
- Hammocks and comfortable seating
- Housekeeping provided once per month; Can arrange to pay for more.
- Cellular telephone in the home for the use of guests. Starts with $100 pesos credit; more can be purchased through easy-to-find ‘Amigo’ cards.
Casa Claire rents for $950 US per month or $350 per week, which includes housecleaning once per month (or once per week if rented for a week) but does NOT include electricity.
Casa Claire can be rented by the night (3 night minimum) for $50 US per night.
Contact Us Now!
If you are interested in renting Casa Claire, please email:
If we don’t get back to you
within a reasonable timeframe,
please try again!
Thank you… we look forward to your stay!