Villa Verde is a beautifully restored old casona (big house) in the historic centro of Merida. You can stay in one of the rooms and enjoy the services of the small bed & breakfast, or you can arrange to rent the entire place.
From the beginning, when you step up to the tall doors of Villa Verde, you will be amazed by the elegance of this small hotel, hiding in plain sight on one of the streets of Merida’s centro historico. And when the doors open to the sunny foyer, with the original textured tiles designed to keep horses from slipping as they entered, your amazement will continue. The casona features remarkably restored historic Spanish architecture with 20-foot ceilings, mosaic pasta tile floors, wooden beams, mahogany doors, fountains and many other historic features.
The shared spaces in this small hotel include three garden courtyards, the welcoming foyer, a large pool area with a pergola, a “secret garden” at the back of the property, the tiled portico, a formal dining room, the cantina patio, and the sun terrace on the roof upstairs.
The five bedrooms are spacious and comfortable guest rooms furnished for modern comfort. Amenities include premium mattresses, sheets, towels and locally-made all-natural bath products. Guests at Villa Verde enjoy a complimentary full breakfast each morning at the pool lounge, in the dining room or in the privacy of their own seating area outside of their room on the shaded portico. Each evening Villa Verde has a happy hour with a complimentary drink and botanas (snacks) at the bar… a perfect way to meet other guests and your hosts before heading out to enjoy the activities, culture, live music and Yucatan cuisine of Merida at night.
From Villa Verde’s central location, you are only a few blocks’ walk to the Plaza Grande, museums, cafes, bars, restaurants, the central mercado, Parque Santa Ana, Parque Santa Lucia and more. But no need to leave the grounds if you don’t want to. You can stay at Villa Verde and lounge in the large waterfall pool with a margarita and a friend, or enjoy a quiet hour reading a good book or bird watching in one of our quiet gardens.
Villa Verde in Merida provides guests with a sense of history blended with modern comfort and amenities, contemporary style and friendly instinctive service.
- 5 guest rooms
- 2 Premium with King Bed
- 1 Standard with King Bed
- 2 Standard with Twin Beds
- Premium beds, linens, towels, beautiful decor and spacious surroundings
- Private modern bathrooms with showers and local organic bath products
- Daily housekeeping included in room rate
- Complimentary wireless internet throughout the property
- Remote control a.c., ceiling fans, blow dryers, televisions, iPad/iPhone chargers, safes in every room
- Dedicated private sitting areas for all rooms
- Complimentary bottled waters for all rooms – refillable 24/7
- Coffee service starts at 8:00am with organic Mexican coffee
- Complimentary full breakfast from 9:00am to 10:00am
- Complimentary use of guest computer and printer
- Large pool with waterfall fountain, outdoor shower and changing room. Roof top private sun terrace
- Upon request: complimentary use of yoga mats, iron, bicycles, use of Mexican cell phones for local calls
- Complimentary walking map to get you started
- Lending library in the main dining room: books, DVDs, guides, maps, Merida info, board games
- Complimentary “happy hour” beverage and botanas (snacks) in the cantina bar from 6:00 to 7:00pm
- Whole property rental available
Low Season – April 1 to November 14
$80 USD per night (minimum two nights), except for week of July 4
High Season – November 15 to March 31
$110 USD (minimum three nights)
For more information on rates, please check our Rates page: www.villaverdemerida.com
Villa Verde is run by Michael Berton and Robert Klie, the owners.
Call for info: 1-614-500-7118
Find out more at our website: www.villaverdemerida.com